Volunteer Activist Committee
Volunteer Activist CommitteeDC 5 VAC
The Volunteer Activist Committee empowers members to participate in activities to continue our efforts to improve wages, working conditions, work opportunities, community partnerships and the quality of life of our members and their families. By increasing participation in DC 5-sponsored activities, the VAC will play a vital role in cultivating leadership and ensuring continued success for District Council 5 and its affiliated Local Unions.
for VAC Program Policies
- Participate in demonstrations, pickets, CORE Events and communicate with all workers in efforts to organize.
- CORE (Community Organizing for Real Economics): Participate in District Council 5 sponsored activities, including:
- Battling the underground economy in construction
- Fighting to maintain affordable housing in urban development
- Enacting corrosion control policies that are good for the environment and our communities
To sign up for the VAC Organizing Committee:
- Participate in political activities sponsored by District Council 5, such as get out the vote phone banks, voter registration efforts, political lobby days, and various other events deemed political in nature
To sign up for the VAC Political Action Committee:
- Participate in Shop Steward training classes, accept appointment as Shop Steward and follow DC 5 bylaws, attend and report at Local Union meetings.
To sign up for the VAC Stewards Committee:
- Participate in District Council 5 sponsored events of the RAC to carry out the spirit of the District Council and the Union; aid and assist members; and promote the Social, Economic, Health and Political standing of its members.
To sign up for the VAC Retire Activist Committee:
- Participate in District Council 5 sponsored events, working to encourage growth and membership involvement with young Lions of District Council 5
To sign up for the VAC Young Workers Committee: